Mixed Fruit Raita is one of the quick, easy and healthy option to eat anytime during any season. Mixed Fruit Raita is prepared by mixing yogurt with fresh fruits like apple, pineapple, pomegranate, pears, oranges etc.
Mixed Fruit Raita | Sweet Raita | YourFoodFantasy.com
Raita is a yogurt based food, and this particular mixed fruit raita does not require any cooking. Recently a friend of mine asked me recipe for something which her kid can make at school and idea was “no fire recipe”, of many options that I suggested, mixed fruit raita was the one which she opted for. My friend chopped the fruits and packed in sealable bags and handed over to her daughter to assemble in the yogurt at school. It is as easy as this !
Mixed Fruit Sweet Raita Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
Raitas are quick to prepare and normally I like spicy ones such as boondi raita, cucumber raita, mixed vegetable raita, and form great combination in the meal with rice, biryani or paratha, this raita one is a sweet one and can be treated as a dessert option.
Mixed Fruit Raita Recipe | Raita Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
Since this raita only contains fruits, you can also consume this during fasting / navratri days (replace salt and pepper with navratri variant of salt / pepper). I will strongly recommend that if you using this in navratri, please have balanced diet with salty things too in the meal.
Lets get to the “step by step recipe of simple, easy and quick recipe of this mixed fruit raita”.
Mixed Fruit Raita | Sweet Raita
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 10 Black Grapes Cut in Halves
- 10 Green Grapes Cut in Halves
- 4 Tablespoon Apple Chopped Into Small Pieces
- 4 Tablespoon Pear Chopped Into Small Pieces
- 5 Orange Slices Cut in Halves
- 3 Tablespoon Pomegranate Seeds
- 8-10 Pineapple Chunks
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth. Add sugar and all the spices listed above (except salt) and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the fruits mentioned above and pour the yogurt mixture over them. Mix well.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and keep it in fridge. Just before serving add salt and serve chilled.
- I have used fresh fruits in my recipe, but you can use canned ones too. You can add/skip fruits of your choice. You can add nuts like raisins and cashews if you wish.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar depending upon your taste and sourness of yogurt.
- I will recommend adding normal salt at the time of serving as it prevents the yogurt to get sour.