For those who loves cake, would know what it means by a soft, fluffy, light weight and yet tasty cake. In my quest of trying out various cakes, I decided to make this “Orange Pistachio cake”, where the key ingredient is Orange and is topped with Pistachio.
In past I have shared two simple cake recipes of Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake, as well as Carrot Cake. Now I wish to introduce you to this refreshingly light Orange cake. If you like orange flavour, this cake is certainly for you.
Orange Pistachio Cake Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
For a lovely spring cake, which is oozing freshness and moist due to fresh orange juice, give this orange based pistachio cake a try.
This cake is like love letter written to pistachio using ink of orange juice. With every bite of this orange pistachio cake, you will enjoy the deep romance of flavours in your mouth.
Pistachio Orange Cake Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
I have prepared the layering for this orange pistachio cake using whipped cream laced with orange essence. The joy of discovering layers of taste is none the less than unwrapping a gift, and you will be amazed with the shear taste it leaves on your taste buds, leaving you craving for more and more of the same.
Orange Pistachio Cake Recipe | Easy Cake Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
In this recipe, I have been generous with Oranges and Pistachios, however you may like to adjust the quantities, especially of Pistachio and also play with other nuts to pacify your taste buds.
Let me take you straight to one of the easy cake recipe of this orange pistachio cake.
Orange and Pistachio Cake
- 1.5 Cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 200 Grams Butter
- 3 Eggs Large Sized
- 1/2 Cup Pistachio Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Orange Essence
- 2/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 250 Mls Fresh Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Few Drops Orange Food Colour Optional
- 3 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- First of all, pre heat the oven at 180 degree temperature for 10 minutes. Grease a cake tin with little oil and keep aside.
- Sieve together flour, baking soda and baking powder and keep it aside. Add one teaspoon of flour to half of Pistachios and coat them nicely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together for 5 minutes. Now add eggs to it and beat it again until the mixture is fluffy. It will take 3-4 minutes on high speed.
- Now add 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of orange essence, 2 drops of orange colour(if using), and mix well.
- Add flour to this in batches and mix well without forming any lumps. Add 1.5 tablespoon of orange zest and flour coated pistachios to it and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tin and bake it for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another mixing bowl, add whipping cream, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon orange essence and 2 drops of orange colour(if using). Beat this until the hard peaks occur. Keep this beaten cream in refrigerator.
- After 40 minutes, check by inserting a toothpick in centre of the cake if it’s done. If it comes out clean, take it out otherwise bake it for further few minutes until done.
- Take the tin out and let it cool a bit. After some time, take the cake out of tin and let it cool completely on a cooling rack. Once it’s cooled, Divide it into 2 parts.
- Soak the both parts of cake with rest of the orange juice with the help of spoon/brush. Now place enough of beaten cream in the centre of one piece and spread it evenly. Place the another part on top and spread the rest of the cream evenly all over.
- Garnish with Chopped pistachios and orange zest and cut into pieces.
- Butter, juice and eggs should be at room temperature.
- I have used freshly squeezed orange juice in my recipe, however you can use the market bought too.
- You can get the orange zest by grating the orange peel. For that just wash the orange and grate it’s peel before squeezing the juice out.