I had recently shared recipe for Boondi Raita, and when you talk of Raita, list can never complete till Vegetable raita is talked about. Vegetable raita or mixed vegetable raita is cool, refreshing, however this does not have any steps with regards to cooking. A great accompaniment for the meal, or just eat on its own. Vegetable raita is full of goodness with vegetables and yogurt. I can just eat a bowl on this colourful raita anytime.
Vegetable Raita is nothing but yogurt with salad dressing. Whilst this goes with any meal and in any season, craving for this amplifies when its hot or it hot dishes.
Vegetable Raita Recipe | Raita Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
When it comes to adding salt, take care to add salt only before serving else your raita will get soury and salt will draw out the moisture from the vegetables and make this raita watery.
Try this vegetable raita with biryani.
Let’s get to the step by step and simple recipe of this mixed vegetable raita.
Vegetable Raita | Mixed Vegetable Raita
- 2 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Onion Small Sized
- 1 Cucumber Small Sized
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 Tomato Small Sized
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt As Per Taste
- A Pinch Black pepper powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Salt
- 1/3 Teaspoon Chaat Masala Optional
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mint Powder Optional
- You can add other vegetables of your choice like bell peppers, beat root or carrot.
- It is advisable to add salt just before serving as this prevents the raita getting sour and watery.
3 thoughts on “Vegetable Raita | Mixed Veg Raita”
Rock salt or Black salt?
Hi Tulika, thanks for pointing out. It was a typo, and it should be Black Salt.