If you love sea food, chances are high that you will love prawns too. Prawns have a distinct taste and fabulous source of protein. Though I am a vegetarian, I love seeing my partner enjoy his food, and he loves his non-veg. This makes me give all sort of suggestion to my partner to try out various non-vegetarian recipes. It seems his Prawn capsicum recipe was hit between his friends and hence I suggested this time that he tries out prawn skewers. This recipe does not require oven, but if you wish you can use oven (check recipe notes at the bottom of this recipe).
This prawn skewers recipe is a fusion of few spices like Garlic, Kasuri Methi and Garam Masala, along with tenderiser like Lemon juice.
Prawn Starters Recipe | Garlic Prawn Skewers | Your Food Fantasy
Finest part of this recipe is that it can be made quickly. Next time you having a party at your home, or on a weekend night when you want to unwind just try this prawn skewers.
Prawn Starters Recipe | Prawn Skewers Recipe | YourFoodFantasy.com
You can use any type of prawn for this recipe, but my recommendation will be to use King or Tiger prawns. In this recipe, I have done marination, but you may skip that if really short of time.
Lets get to the detailed step by step recipe of Prawn Skewers.
Garlic and Lemon Prawn Skewers
- 200 Grams Prawns Tiger or King Preferably
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped – For Garnishing
- Oil For Shallow Frying
- 5 Skewer Sticks
- 1 Teaspoon Salt According to Taste
- 1.5 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste If you can make fresh ginger and garlic paste, that would be even better
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Green chilli Finely Chopped (Optional)
- Mix all the ingredients listed in Marination.
- Add Prawns in this Marination and keep in fridge for minimum 15 mins. Longer you can keep it, better the result.
- Pierce the prawns with skewers (Soak the skewers in water for 3-4 hours before using)
- Take out the marinated prawns and bring to room temperature. Keep a flat pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lower the heat, and add a dash of oil for shallow frying. Now add the prawn skewers on the pan.
- Now shallow fry this for 3-4 mins, making sure prawns are fully cooked and pink / golden.
- Now serve these prawns on skewers with mayonnaise and lemon wedge.
- Do not over cook prawns else they will become hard and chewy
- Add a hint of rum or vodka in marination in case you like alcohol.
- You can try this same recipe in oven. On a pre-heated oven, keep prawns for 6-8 mins.