Living in U.K. there is one season which everyone craves for, and that is summer, a true British summer! Whilst summer brings the nice crispy sun out and temperatures soar too to make it pleasant enough to go out and enjoy nature, the British summer also offers, loads of berries!
British summer is the time of the year when I get to eat berries ranging from Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, and many more.
Strawberry Raspberry Jam Recipe | YourFoodFantasy.com
To make the most of British summer, I have been going to local farms to pick these berries fresh from the fields. Oh! Its a joy! Do it if you have never done it and if you think you can get to one of these farms.
Lately I have been visiting my local berries farm and getting Strawberry and Raspberry, both in kilos. This made me think why don’t I make some jam from these berries and enjoy the goodness round the year.
I had made (and shared) Strawberry jam recipe earlier, but this time around, I wished to add Raspberries too in my jam. Recipe / Procedure to make this Raspberry Strawberry jam is largely similar to that of Strawberry jam.
Homemade Strawberry Raspberry Jam Recipe | YourFoodFantasy.com
This recipe is simple and takes about 40 mins to make the jam. Once you have made jam and if you keep the jam in an airtight container, you can easily store it for 4-6 months with no added preservatives, but just one lemon. This recipe does not require you to add any flavour or color. Adding sugar and sugar content is subject to your choice (and how sweet these berries are). I have suggested a quantity based on what I use, but you may like to change it based on your tastebuds and other parameters as suggested above.
One point to note is that in this recipe, I have not strained the seeds from raspberries and hence you will see these minute seeds in the jam (which I quite like), but if you find these seeds irritating, you should strain them out after mashing the berries.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Raspberry Jam Recipe by YourFoodFantasy.com
Continue reading for the step by step recipe of strawberry – raspberry jam.
Raspberry Strawberry Jam
- 500 Grams Fresh Strawberries
- 500 Grams Fresh Raspberries
- 750 Grams Sugar Quantity will vary depending on sweetness of fruits and how sweet you want your jam
- 1 Lemon
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries and Raspberries and chop the strawberries into small pieces. Take a glass jar to store the cooked jam in it and make it completely dry either putting it in oven for few minutes or keep it in sunlight for few hours.
- Take a non stick pan and keep it on low flame. Now add chopped strawberries, Raspberries and sugar to the pan and with the help of a masher slightly mash the fruits. Now raise the flame to medium and cook the jam until it reaches 1/2 of its quantity, stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and add it to the jam and cook the jam for few more minutes. Now lets check the jam if it is cooked properly. Take water in a clear bowl and add a drop of little jam in it. If it sets at the bottom without dissolving in water, the jam is cooked.
- Switch off the flame and store it in the glass jar once its completely cooled.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference. Raspberry need little more sugar as they are little sour compared to strawberry.
- I got seeded jam making this way, if you want to make it without seeds, then first pulp the fruits and strain in a strainer and then cook the strained pulp with sugar.
- I didn’t put any preservative or any artificial colour/flavouring to the jam.
- You can easily store this jam for 6-8 months in Fridge.
- Don’t go overboard mashing the fruits, as little mashed fruits give chunkier jam which tastes really good.