Nothing beats the aroma of cinnamon infused moist classic carrot cake with touch of walnuts. I must confess that I barely knew about this cake a decade ago, and tasted it first time in 2009 in one of bakery in UK. Ever since then, carrot cake has been one of my favourite cake.
Walnut Carrot Cake Recipe – Easy Cake Recipes | Your Food Fantasy
For a girl bought up in traditional Indian family in a sleepy town, “cake” has always held a special place in terms of dessert. Never thought in those days that I will be baking a cake ever! Started my culinary journey in 2007-2008, and think am half way decent cook when it comes to Indian cuisine, and now I have embarked my journey in baking too.
Objective of my recipe is to share how someone who is new to baking can easily bake a delicious cake at home. In case you already an expert in baking, you may still find value with this recipe. I surely wish to make baking and cooking an easy task for everyone so that everyone is self sufficient 🙂
Recently I shared Tutti Frutti Cake, which I suppose is one of the easiest cake to bake, and now sharing this Carrot cake recipe, which I would still add is fairly easy too.
Carrot cake as the name suggests has carrot as the key ingredient along with Cinnamon and Walnuts. While walnuts offers a distinctive taste, cinnamon simply arouses and takes the appetite to whole next level 🙂
Let me now take you to the detailed step by step recipe of this classic carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1.5 Cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1.5 Cup Carrot Grated
- 3 Eggs Medium Size
- 4 Tablespoon Raisins
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1 Small Tub Vanilla Cake Frosting
- First of all, preheat the oven on 180 degree temperature for 10 minutes. Grease the baking tin with little oil and keep aside. Add 1 teaspoon of flour to chopped walnuts and raisins and mix well. keep them aside too
- Now, sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt twice in a sift and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar and beat them together on high speed for 5 minutes till the mixture is good frothy.
- Add nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence and oil to it and mix well with the help of a spatula. Add flour mixture to it in fractions and mix it properly without making any lumps.
- Add grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins to it and mix well again.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tin and tap the tin 2-3 times.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake the cake for 45-50 minutes. After 45 minutes, check by inserting a tooth pick or knife in the middle. if it comes out clean your cake is baked, otherwise keep it for few more minutes.
- Take the tin out, cool it for sometime and then take the cake out from tin. Let it cool completely.
- For icing of this cake, I have used market bought readymade icing. Cut the cake from the middle and spread the icing all over on one part. Place another part on top of it and spread the icing again evenly on this part too.
- Garnish with some chopped walnuts and enjoy.
- You can skip the icing part and can relish the carrot cake without it too.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste. i have used castor sugar in this recipe, hence given the quantity for same.
- You can store this cake in an airtight container and enjoy for 2-3 days.