If you are an Okra lover, you must have heard of “Bhindi Do Pyaza”, but in case you are outside indian subcontinent, this is one you must try. Exceptionally easy to make, ready in minutes and tastes nothing less than Fabulous!!!
As the name suggests “Do Pyaza” means amount of Onion added here is double the normal curry i.e. Bhindi Masala. Below is “Step by Step Bhindi Do Pyaza recipe”, which I hope you will find useful. You can also make other Do Pyaza recipes like Paneer Do Pyaza, Chicken Do Pyaza, Mutton Do Pyaza, etc which are similar variants of this recipe.
- Okra / Bhindi – 500 grams
- Onions – 2 (medium sized)
- Grated ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 2 (medium sized)
- Green chillies – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Amchur / Dry Mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Oil – 1.5 tablespoon
- First of all, wash and pat dry Bhindi and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Chop onion, tomatoes and green chillies and keep aside.
- Cooking time for bhindi (Okra) varies, and depends upon how fresh the bhindi is. So always check if they are fully cooked before switching off flame.
- Do not add any water while cooking bhindi, otherwise they will be very sticky.
- You can use lemon juice in place of Amchur powder.