Chicken lovers love chicken whichever way it comes 🙂 So thought why not I try something that is packed with protein, and did a happy marriage of “Spinach” and “Chicken”. Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. Chicken is brilliant source of Protein.
This step by step recipe of “spinach chicken curry” (पालक चिकन रेसीपी) is hugely simply and easy to make, no marination, ready in about half an hour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Baby Chicken -1
- Onions – 2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Green Chilli – 2 (As per taste)
- Ginger – 5 grams
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves
- Spinach – 150 grams
- Black cardamom – 3 pieces (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Red pepper – to taste (optional)
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Kitchen king masala – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil for cooking – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Wash the chicken and keep it separate.
- Chop Onions, tomatoes, garlic, green chillies and ginger.
- Clean and wash spinach. You may chop the leaves to small bits, though not required.
- Keep the pan on heat, and add oil, followed by Onion and Garlic. Fry till onion is little brown and the raw smell of garlic and onion fades away.
- Now add the chicken, and stir it for about 2-3 minutes, followed by adding tomatoes, green chilli and chopped ginger.
- Stir it for a minute and add spices (Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Kitchen King Masala, Garam Masala and Cardamom), and after giving a good stir leave it for another minute.
- Finally add the spinach and mix it with chicken and spices.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes on lowest setting of heat (with constant stirring every 3 minutes, else your chicken will get stick to the pan).
- Spinach Chicken is ready to be served. Garnish with Coriander. Have it with Naan, or rice of your choice.
- You can add one small bowl of water, in case you want gravy. I prefer thick gravy for this chicken as tomatoes, spinach and water from chicken sufficiently provides that.
- Remember to constantly stir it whilst on heat.
- You can add bay leaves too for added aroma and flavour.