What do you do when you are craving for Prawns and want a quick finger licking food? You simply make “Prawn Capsicum Curry” 🙂 This recipe of mine focuses on making a simple non-vegetarian curry without much fuss. All you need is “Prawn and Capsicum“, rest ingredients are something you will find in your kitchen. Capsicum goes pretty well with Prawns and add its flavour over prawns, which makes this dish super delicious. This recipe does not involve any marination. So here is my step by step pictorial recipe to make Prawn Capsicum Curry.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Prawns – 350 grams (I have used peeled king prawns)
- Capsicum – 1
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Green Chillies – 2 (to taste)
- Black Cardamom – 2 (Optional)
- Ginger – 5 grams (Finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Fish Curry Powder – 2 teaspoon (Optional)
- Red Chilli Powder – Optional
- Chop Onions, Tomatoes, Capsicum (long length), garlic cloves and ginger.
- Keep your Prawns ready (Washed and cleaned).
- Add Oil in a pan and keep on heat till Oil is really hot and add chopped Onions, follow this by adding ginger and garlic. Saute till Onion is light brown and garlic should have cooked too to get rid of raw garlic smell.
- Add chopped tomatoes and black cardamom (I love the fragrance of cardamon, but you can skip this if you may wish).
- Add turmeric powder and rest of spices, and let it fry for about 30 seconds, now add Capsicum (Bell Pepper) to it. Let it cook for about 2 mins.
- Add prawns now.
- Mix it well and let it cook for 2-3 mins. Add Salt and red chillies, add 150ml water and steam it by putting lid for 5-6 mins.
- Your “Prawn Capsicum Curry” is ready. Serve it with rice or bread of your choice.
- Be careful to not overcook prawns, or they will become hard.
- Use light flame / heat, high heat will mean prawns would get hard on surface.
- You can add other spices too like star anise, bayleaves, cloves for additional flavour.