When you can make restaurant style Tandoori Chicken yourself, why you need takeaway? The key to this recipe is marination. Marinade this chicken over night and enjoy the flavour in the depth of this tender chicken. Tandoori chicken is one of the world famous tandoori recipe which has its roots from the Mughalai cuisine.
Ideally you need a Tandoor to prepare this, but I have made this in Oven, and this is what my recipe is, to make tandoori chicken in an oven, in the comfort of your home. I have served this Tandoori Chicken multiple times and have been a huge hit between my guests. Sharing my “step by step recipe of tandoori chicken” below, give it a go and you will forget the takeaways.
- Chicken drumsticks – 2 kg
- Onion – 2 large
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tandoori Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Garam Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Red food colour – few drops (optional)
- Wash drumsticks thoroughly in a colander and keep aside to drain completely.
- Finely slice the onion. Heat a pan and add 3 tablespoon oil in it. Fry the onion in it till they golden brown. Take the fried onion out and keep on a kitchen towel.
- Take rest all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them. Now crush the fried onions with your hands and add them too. Add the left over oil from frying onion too in the bowl and mix everything well.
- Add the drumsticks and coat the marination well on them by mixing them properly.
- Cover the bowl using cling film and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours (Ideally 8 hours).
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. Grease a foiled baking tray and place the drumsticks on the baking tray. Brush chicken with little oil.
- Grill for 15 minutes, flip them and baste again with the oil and back to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take them out and sprinkle some chat Masala and lemon juice over them. Serve them hot with raw onion rings.
You may also try these succulent and juicy Lamb Chops recipe.
- Its best to keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator for overnight. If you don’t have that much time, marinate them minimum for 4 hours.
- Applying Oil over them while baking helps it preserve moisture as well as gives a good glazing.
2 thoughts on “Tandoori Chicken Recipe”
200 degree Celsius or 200 degree Fahrenheit?
Hi Tawhid, it is 200 degree Celsius.