When you talk of non-vegetarian starters, one thing that crosses mind is soft, tender Lamb Chops. Quick and easy to cook, lamb chops have tender, juicy meat, which is best served hot. It tastes so scrumptious that, you won’t realise it could be so easy to make it. You can make it in Oven (Oven Lamb Chops), or on Tawa (Flat Pan). I am sharing both the options here. For mutton lovers, you can make Mutton Chops following the same recipe, and you have your favourite chops ready at home.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Marination time: 8 – 10 hours / Overnight (Longer you marinade, better the taste)
Cooking time: 30 – 35 minutes
- Lamb chops / Mutton Chops – 1.5 Kg ( in this case 15 in number)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1.5 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1/3 teaspoon
- Onion – 2 (medium sized)
- Yogurt – 1.5 tablespoon
- Dried Mint – 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1/3 teaspoon
- Oil for brushing
Wash the chops and keep them in a colander so that all the water drains out.
Now in a mixing bowl, take all the spices mentioned above for first marinade and mix them thoroughly.
Now put the lamb chops in the bowl and cover them with this paste with the help of your hand. Let this marinade for an hour.
Now slit the onion lengthwise and deep fry them in hot oil. Once onion is brown, take them out on a kitchen towel and let this cool.
After one hour, add second marinade spices to the lamb chops. Also crush the fried onions with the help of your hand and add it as well.
Mix this properly so that the lamb chops are evenly coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and keep it in fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Now pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree. Place the lamb chops in a baking tray and brush them with little oil. Keep the tray in oven for 30 minutes. After first 15 minutes, turn them and again brush them with little oil so that they can cook from both sides.
Alternatively, you can cook them on Non stick Tawa / Pan. For that keep the tawa on medium heat and put little oil and then place the chops. Cook them till they are soft and succulent while regularly turning in between.
Serve it hot and enjoy…
- You can cook this on Bbq as well. First place them on higher heat for 10 minutes and then on lower heat for 20 minutes. Roast them till lamb is cooked from all sides properly.
- You can enjoy these with chutney / sauce of your choice or raw onion rings.
- You can marinate them for little longer as well like for 24-36 hours, but minimum 8 hours is necessary.