If you are the one who have sweet tooth and still love raita, you got to try this pineapple raita recipe. As the name suggests this raita has got pineapple and that too in abundance, so that every spoon of raita that you take in mouth leaves the refreshing taste of pineapple in mouth.
Pineapple Raita | Pineapple Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
I still remember tasting it for the first time eating this in a wedding reception, I liked it so much that I took shamelessly three helpings of it. This raita is also called as “Ananas raita” in some places, as pineapple is called ananas in hindi.
As I stated in my other raita recipes, raita is nothing but plain yogurt diluted by adding water. In this pineapple raita, sweet pineapple chunks are added in the yogurt, which yields a sweet and sour taste, ideal as companion to your main course.
If you love yogurt based food, you must try masala chaas, and chances are high that you will love it.
Let me explain how to make pineapple raita in this step by step pictorial recipe. This recipe is pretty simple and easy to follow, and can be made by kids too in the no cook / no fire menu 🙂
In this recipe I have added pomegranate seeds too, as pomegranate seeds adds to the taste as well as makes raita more presentable.
Pineapple Raita – Ananas Raita
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar Powdered
- 1 Cup Pineapple Fresh Chunks
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt As per taste
- 1/3 Teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 Tablespoon Pomegranate Seeds Optional
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth. Add sugar and all the spices listed above and mix well.
- Take the Pineapple and peel off the hard skin.
- Cut the pineapple into small sized (size that you prefer) chunks.
- Add these pineapple chunks in yogurt.
- Keep it in the fridge and garnish with pomegranate seeds before serving.
- I have used fresh pineapple pieces in my recipe, but you can use canned ones too, if short of time or sourcing fresh pineapple is difficult.
- Many times we find that pineapple is not sweet (or not fully ripe), in such case, blanch the chopped pineapple pieces in boiling water for few minutes with some added sugar in the water.