Do you like mushrooms? Would the thought of stuffed mushrooms excite you? If your answer is yes, this vegan stuffed mushrooms recipe is one for you.
What are stuffed mushrooms
As the name itself suggests, the main ingredient here is edible mushrooms. Firstly take the stem out of mushroom. Then stuff the mushroom cups with filling (something that you like, and works as good combination with mushrooms), and subsequently bake these mushrooms.
I am a huge fan of stuffed mushrooms. I don’t remember when I first had stuffed mushrooms. However, I did like the idea of stuffing mushrooms with any preferred stuffing.
Other variations of stuffed mushrooms
- If you not vegan, you can use normal cheese
- For meat lover, stuff cooked minced meat or minced chicken.
This vegan chickpea stuffed mushroom recipe is
- Vegan friendly
- Easy to prepare
- Simple to cook
- Great fusion of east meeting west in terms of taste
- Is a great starter for any event
These mushrooms are ideally best served hot, but if you fancy eating at room temperature or cold, enjoy the flavour.
In this step by step stuffed mushroom recipe of mine, I have used Chickpea as filling and is perfect for vegetarians, as well as vegans (using vegan friendly cheese).
These vegan chickpea stuffed mushrooms recipe is my fusion of India meeting East. This recipe comes very handy when you want to try out something offbeat unlike Samosa, Aalo Tikki Chaat, or bread rolls.
Vegan Chickpea Stuffed Mushrooms
- 300 Grams Closed cup Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Cabbage Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp Soy souce
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Sauce
- 1/3 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup White Chickpeas Boiled
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Grated Mozzarella Cheese Use Vegan Cheese
- 20 Grams Spring Onion For Garnising
- First of all, wash and wipe clean the mushroom with cold water and take their stems out. Now rub little oil on them and keep aside. Finely chop the stems taken out.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped Cabbage, capsicum, onions and chopped mushroom stems and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add soy sauce, Chilli sauce, Vinegar, salt and black pepper powder and mix well. Now add cooked chickpeas and sauté again for few minutes. Switch off the heat and our stuffing is ready.
- Now line a baking tray with foil, and place the mushrooms on it. Stuff the stuffing in them with the help of a spoon and spread grated cheese on top of them.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees. Take them out and sprinkle little salt and pepper and garnish with Spring onion. Serve them hot and enjoy.
2) You can add either little sugar or tomato ketchup while making stuffing, to give it a little sweet and sour taste.
3) Wash the mushrooms in advance and keep them for drying for sometime. Otherwise they will absorb extra water.
4) You can add more vegetables of your choice in the stuffing like carrots, beans, peas etc.
5 thoughts on “Vegan Chickpea Stuffed Mushrooms recipe”
It would be really nice if you idiots would give the temperature in Feirnhiet or Celsius.
That is a valuable feedback, this will be incorporated in future recipes.
I however would have expected a better usage of language, just how you expected some clarity on temp being F/C.
I still approved this comment, since you took pain to give feedback and it is valuable.
Lovely idea to fill mushrooms with chickpeas…Awesome share !!
Thank you Anshu. Let me know how you get on 🙂