Badam burfi (बादाम बर्फी) recipe or badam katli recipe is one of the delicious sweet filled with goodness of almonds. This recipe of mine is fairly simple and requires primarily Almonds, sugar and ghee. This sweet forms a great gift for festive season like Diwali or Holi. This recipe of mine is traditional recipe, which involves soaking and peeling almonds, and this as fresh as it can get. The key to success here is the soft burfi with right amount of sugar and almonds.
Badam Burfi Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
I have shared Kaju Katli recipe in past and this recipe is similar to that, except that this badam burfi can be much thicker if you wish. Kaju Kalti also needs to be rolled immediately as soon as out of pan, but here you have more time.
Below is the detailed step by step recipe of Badam aka Almond barfi.
Badam katli- burfi / Almond fudge
- 250 Grams Almonds
- 150 Grams Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Milk
- 3 Sheets Edible Silver Leaf
- Soak almonds in 2 cup of water for 2-3 hours. After that remove their skin and transfer them to a grinding jar. Add milk and grind them to a smooth paste
- Now heat a non stick pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoon of ghee. Once ghee is warm, add almond paste and powdered sugar into it and stir continuously. Cook it until it gets thick and starts to leave edges of the pan and gathers like a lump.
- Take the mixture out in a plate and allow it to cool. Once it’s reaches to warm and easy to handle consistency, grease your hands with some ghee and knead the mixture to form a smooth dough
- Now take it over a butter paper and with the help of rolling pin, press gently and roll into 1/3 cm thin sheet. Stick the silver vark sheet over it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes to set.
- Now, with the help of pizza cutter or knife cut into pieces with either diamond or rectangular/square shape as per your preference.
- Don’t add extra milk while grinding the almonds as it will increase the cooking time and little difficult in setting.
- Rather than soaking for 2-3 hours, you can soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes to remove the skin and then dry it with kitchen towel and grind to a fine powder.
- I used castor sugar so given the quantity for that. If you using thick granule sugar, then grind it to powder.
- You can increase/decrease the amount of sugar as per your preference.