Palak paneer paratha recipe – Spinach flavoured paratha is stuffed with spiced paneer mixture, and spinach, which form a wonderful combination, not only in terms of taste but also in protein that it serves. These are best served with yogurt or pickle, or well, you can have it own its own 🙂 If you are paratha fan, you may also like to try Broccoli Paratha or Mooli Paratha.
Palak Paneer Paratha
- 1.5 cup Wheat flour
- 150 grams Spinach/Palak
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Grated
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies Finely Chopped (Optional)
- 1/3 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder Optional – to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt As per taste
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- First of all, take enough water in a pan and bring it to boil. Add spinach leaves in it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the heat and immediately drain the water using colander and add drained spinach in ice cold water.
- Take the spinach out, and grind it to a smooth purée.
- In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour and add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add spinach purée to this and make a soft dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In an another mixing bowl, either crumble the paneer with your hands or you can grate it with grater or food processor.
- Add chopped green chillies, Grated Ginger and rest of all spices and mix well. Our stuffing is ready
- Now divide the dough into 6 equal parts and make round balls of it. Take one ball, and with the help of dry wheat flour, roll it into a small circle with a rolling pin.Now place 2 tablespoon of paneer stuffing and gather all the ends and seal it.
- Roll it again into a circle of 6-7 inch diameter.
- Heat a Skillet/tava on medium heat and place the rolled paratha on it. Flip it after one minute and then apply Oil/butter on top side. Flip it again and apply Oil this side too. Cook it till the paratha gets nice golden colour on both the sides.
- Serve hot and enjoy 🙂
- Either finely chopping the raw spinach and adding it to the wheat flour while making dough;
- Or adding the raw chopped spinach directly to stuffing.