Masala paneer (पनीर मसाला) is a simple way of cooking paneer with different spices to make a great side dish for your lunch or dinner. This is quick and easy to make and definitely can satisfy your taste buds.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4-5
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200 gram
- Onion – 2 medium
- Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch cube
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion seeds/Kalonji – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds / Kasuri methi – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
First of all take a pan and dry roast cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, Kalonji, fenugreek seeds and dried fenugreek leaves on medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
Now once it has cooled down, coarsely ground them to make dry masala with the help of a mortar.
Grind tomatoes, chillies and ginger to make a fine paste and cut the paneer into cubes.
In a pan, take oil and heat it. Once it’s warm add onion and sauté till they become translucent. Now add the coarsely grounded masala and sauté for few more minutes. Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and red chilli powder and sauté till the mixture start oozing oil.
Now add tomato, chilli, ginger paste and sauté for 5 minutes. Add paneer cubes now and mix it well. Now add 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
Once all the water is dried off, add Garam masala and sauté and switch off the flame. Your Masala paneer is ready to be served.
- This paneer dish tastes awesome when cooked in mustard oil. But you can use oil of your own choice.
One thought on “Masala Paneer”