Atta Ladoo (गेहूं के आटे के लड्डू) or Wheat Flour laddoo is a round sweet ball made of wheat flour and powdered sugar. Its a rich, sweet snack which is commonly made in every house hold in northern part of India specially in the numbing winters.
Prepration Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving: 16-18 Ladoo
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar – 2 cups
- Desi Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1 cup
- Almonds – 8-10
- Cashews – 8-10
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- First of all, roughly chop/grind almonds and cashews and keep them aside.
- Take a Kadhai / Pan and keep it on medium heat. Now add Clarified butter/desi ghee to it. Once ghee is warm, add whole wheat flour. Mix it properly and roast it till it turns light brown in colour and you get good aroma. It would take around 12-13 minutes roast the flour.
3. Switch off the flame and add grounded cashews and almonds. Allow it to cool till its lightly warm and you can easily take the mix in hands. Now add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well until everything is incorporated nicely.
4. To shape ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of flour mix into your palm. Gently press the mixture between your palms to form a smooth, round ball. Similarly make laddoos of all the flour mix by repeating the same process.
5. Wheat flour ladoos are ready to eat. Store them in an air tight container and you can relish eating them for 4-5 weeks easily.
- Always roast the flour on medium heat otherwise flour will turn dark without being properly cooked.
- If the mixture appears to be dry and you feel difficulty in binding ladoos, then add some more quantity of ghee (melted) in the mixture and mix well.
- You can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your choice.