Puffed potato patties (पफ आलू पैटी) is a wonderful snack option for the days that you want something substantial and you can’t wait very long for it to be made!! This is one snack which can be consumed during anytime of the day and can be filling too. Hopefully my simple to follow recipe will guide you to make it ourself, as per your own taste. I grew up in a sleepy town where there used to be hardly 1-2 bakery and used to wait for occasion to get this, however now with the ease of oven available in every second home, this is something which anyone can make.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving : 6
- Potatoes – 3 Big sized(boiled and mashed)
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Puff Pastry sheet – 1 Roll
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seed – 1/3 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for brushing
Boil and mash potatoes, subsequently chop the onion. Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add mustard seeds & cumin seeds to it. Once they little brown in colour add chopped onion and sauce till they pinkish brown in colour.
Now add all the spices and mashed potato to it and mix well. Switch off the flame now and let it cool.
Preheat your oven at 180 degree temperature for 10 minutes. Take the puff pastry roll and cut into equal sized squares. Now put 3-4 tablespoon of potato mixture into each square depending upon the size of square you cut from pastry. Turn and fold the patties either diagonally or straight according to your choice. Seal the edges with water and brush little oil on it.
Place them on a baking tray and bake them at 180 degree temperature for 15 minutes.
Take out and Serve Hot and enjoy with tomato ketchup and Masala tea.
- You can make Patties sheet at home as well.
- Always seal the patties properly otherwise while baking they will open and chances may be your stuffing will also be roasted then, apart from destroying the look of patty.
- Try filling the patties with something different like Paneer, or chicken (if you are non-vegetarian) or egg.