Paneer (पनीर) / Indian cottage cheese is such a versatile ingredient, just like Potato (आलू). Paneer is huge source of Protein (especially for a vegetarian). Paneer cutlets are soft and tasty in every bite. I thought of infusing Paneer with Potato to make something which is full of carbs and protein. It is a great snack, easy to make and super tasty.
Best part is people who are on fast can have it, as well as non-fasting people relish it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4-5
- Boiled potatoes – 4 medium sized
- Paneer – 100 grams
- Buckwheat flour – 2 tablespoon
- Chopped green chillies – 2
- Rock salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Oil – to deep fry
- Salt and green chillies to taste
Grate the potatoes and paneer and mash them.
Add green chillies, salt and pepper and mix well. Now add buckwheat flour to bind the mixture and make a soft dough of it.
Now take 1.5 tablespoon mixture in your hand and shape it like tikki or cutlet.
Heat the oil and deep fry them from both the sides till they are light brown in colour
Garnish with coriander. Serve hot and enjoy with coriander chutney and yogurt.
- You can add mashed green peas as well (if its not for fasting people).
- Do ensure Oil is thoroughly heated and fry on sim, to ensure it is cooked well.