Sabudana kheer is another addition to the fasting desserts menu, as its generally prepared during Navratri / Fasting. As name indicates this traditional Indian sweet is made from small size sago pearls (I love calling them pearls, don’t they look cute? ). This creamy smooth kheer is easy to make and digests easily.
Enjoy this hot or cold 🙂
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 25-30 minute
Serving : 3-4
- Sabudana or tapioca seeds – 1/2 cup
- Full fat Milk – 3 cup
- Sugar – 2.5 tablespoon or as per you taste
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped nuts(cashews,almonds) – 1 tablespoon
- Raisins- 1/2 tablespoon
- Wash and Soak the sabudana pearls in little water for 4-5 hours.
- Take milk in a thick bottomed pan and put it for boil.
- After first boil add Sabudana seeds to it and cover the lid and simmer the flame. Cook it for 15 minutes over slow flame and stir in between. Now add sugar and cardamom powder and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add nuts and raisins.
- Serve this hot or cold 🙂
• Sabudana in kheer appears transparent pearls when fully cooked.
• This Kheer becomes thick after cooling, so take care of your desired consistency when cooking.