Everyone now knows how unhealthy cola drinks are, then this makes me think of traditional summer coolers, full of goodness and healthy, and of course quenches the scorching heat. Two such drinks are “Aam ka Panna” and “Masala Shikanji”, made with minimal additives. Aam Panna is nothing, but Raw Mango Drink. I am certain that anyone who has had it once, will crave for more. Aam panna drink is slightly sweet and sour in taste with hint of mint and cumin. Keep reading for detailed “step by step recipe of Aam Panna”.
- Green raw mangoes – 5-6(medium size)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- Black salt – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – According to taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Mint leaves – 10-12
- Ice crushed
- Green food color : Few drops (optional)
- Pressure cook the mangoes along with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistle so that they are soft and cooked.
- Let this cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp out with the help of a spoon. Mix this pulp with the water remaining in pressure cooker.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- The Aam Panna concentrate can stay in refrigerator for up to 10 days.