Step by step recipe of “Egg fried rice” – It is a quick recipe based on eggs and boiled rice. These egg fried rice are ready in 30 mins, even when you are using fresh boiled rice. Of course you can use any left over rice too to make this Chinese based rice. Egg fried rice can also be made from boiled eggs, however in this recipe I have used raw eggs. This recipe is surprisingly simple and easy, and in case you looking for dinner ideas, you must try this out on one of those lazy evenings. You can amend this recipe with a few ingredients here and there to suit your taste and availability of ingredients.
Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
Egg Fried Rice | Your Food Fantasy
In case you do not like eggs, and prefer 100% vegetarian rice, you can try this vegetable pulao recipe too, simple and fuss free.
Egg Fried Rice Recipe | YourFoodFantasy.com
Egg Fried Rice
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas Fresh / Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Soy souce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt As Per Taste
- Soak the rice in 1.5 cup of water for 10 minutes. After that, cook them in a open pan with enough water till they are done (It took 10 minutes for me).
- Drain the excess water with the help of a strainer and keep the rice aside.
- Now in an another pan/wok, heat the oil and add the spring onions, bell peppers and sauté for 1 minute. Add the peas, and sauté again for a minute.
- Add the rice and mix well. Be careful while mixing as rice can break.
- Now make space in the centre of the pan and pour in the beaten eggs.
- When the eggs starts to set at the bottom, scramble them. Sprinkle Soya sauce and salt and then stir the rice to mix everything well.
- Switch off the flame and egg fried rice are ready to eat. Serve them hot and enjoy with any curry of your choice or simply relish them on their own.
- If you are using fresh peas, blanch them in hot boiling water for 10 minutes before adding them to the rice.
- Gently stir the cooked rice while mixing them to the recipe as they tend to break.
- You can skip using bell peppers, similarly You can use other vegetables like green beans, snap peas etc.
- You can use any oil in place of sesame oil.
- Cooking time varies for different quality of rice and how long rice has been soaked. You can soak it for 15-20 mins for even better results.