My daughter is a is cheese fan and I am not averse to it either. I love mushrooms and we, as a family love broccoli too. With these things in my mind, I always wanted to try out something like a french or italian cuisine and which led me to experiment. I have earlier mentioned that I love bruschetta con fughi.
So I decided to make something on those lines. If am honest, I am not sure how anyone else will feel about this recipe, but I loved the end product so did my family (and the guest who was my guinea pig) 😀
This recipe in my view works best for starter. This cheesy broccoli recipe is not only incredibly simple, it is surprisingly easy too.
All you need is a bunch of ingredients and 20 mins to hand, and you have a tasty dish ready.
The key ingredients are Mushroom, Broccoli, Cheese and double cream. There is no need for oven and you can make it on normal gas/ electric hob/ burner.
In case you like broccoli, you may like to try my recipe of Broccoli paratha (an Indian recipe). Likewise if you like mushrooms, try some of my Indian recipes based on mushroom like, Mushroom Tikka masala or Mushroom Pea Curry.
You can serve this with bread / bruschetta on side or you can even pour this on a bread, key is to serve piping hot.
You could try to have this a meal on its own by adding cherry tomatoes, and olives on the side.
In case you are non-vegetarian you can replace (or top up) veggies with chicken or a salmon fillet. I guess there are a few ways you can play with this recipe.
Let me give a detailed version of this cheesy broccoli mushroom recipe.
Cheese Rich Mushroom Broccoli and Asparagus
- 200 Grams Button Mushrooms
- 100 Grams Asparagus Optional
- 200 Grams Broccoli
- 1 White Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Double Cream / Full Cream
- 4 Tablespoon Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1.5 Tablespoon Oil
- First of all wash the vegetables and cut mushrooms into halves, asparagus into 3 pieces and broccoli into florets.
- Now heat a pan over medium heat and add oil to it. Once it’s warm, Add onions, broccoli, asparagus and mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Add 4 tablespoon water, mix it well and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Switch off the flame and enjoy it hot with bread or bruschetta.
- You can replace mozzarella cheese with cheddar cheese.
- If you are a cheese lover then, you can garnish it with little grated Parmesan cheese too.
- You can add Asparagus too to this recipe.