Lots of people suffer from various intolerances, and gluten intolerance is increasingly been identified with lot many people. Hence, I get asked about gluten free recipes. There are numerous such recipes available. The one here is something which can be made without much fuss and can be paired with various currys or side dishes. This one is Amaranth Paratha, also referred as Rajgira or Chaulai Paratha.
Amarantha Paratha Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
This paratha is vegan friendly as well. To make this paratha (call it flat bread) requires 3 ingredients, namely Amarantha flour, oil and salt. Sometimes boiled potato can also be added for better binding of paratha.
I like this paratha as its good to be consumed during the fasting days of Indian festival Navratri.
Time to make this paratha is barely 15 mins. So what else could you ask for? Its Vegan, its gluten free, its easy to make, its quick to make and tastes nothing short of delicious!
Below is step by step recipe of Amarantha (Rajgira) Paratha.
Amaranth Flour Paratha
- 1 Cup Amaranth Flour (Buy Now)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoon Oil
- Water As required
- In a wide pan, take amaranth flour and add salt. Mix well. Now with the help of lukewarm water, knead it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 parts and make balls of it. Take one ball and flatten it in between your palm. Apply little dry flour and roll it into a circle of 4 cm diameter.
- Heat a flat pan/tava over medium heat and put this rolled parantha over it. Turn over in 2-3 minutes and apply oil to this side. Turn over again and apply oil to this side as well. Now roast it for 2-3 minutes with few turning over in between.
- Take it out and keep it in a pan. Make rest of the parantha similarly. Once all done, Serve them hot.
- Don’t make the dough too soft otherwise you won’t be able to roll them.
- Don’t make the parantha too thin as it will break while transferring them on to pan.
- Knead the dough for few good minutes as that will help in rolling them nicely.