Kid friendly chocolate dosa recipe. Being a mum what is anyone’s biggest challenge? Mine is feeding kids! Kids don’t want to eat this or that or sometimes they get bored of one thing or other. I keep thinking of ways to feed them by either giving friendly shape to food (call it food art), or feed them by playing games, or sometimes just creating some fusion.
Life does not get any simpler when you need to make sure the food which is kid friendly is also good for adults alike.
Hence when recently Horlicks UK, approached me to try out their new product, I wondered why not create a fusion of “south indian dosa” with “crepes” from west and add my own variant of fruits and chocolate to create this super delicious fruit kid friendly dosa (crepe).
So how do we go ahead on making these crepes?
All you need is dosa batter (you can make it home but for people who are always looking to save time, you can buy from asian stores, even some deliver via online shopping), you need chocolate powder, raspberry jam (or any other jam) and few fruits like strawberry, blueberries, banana, etc. You can get creative with the choice of fruits.
Quick summary of what this chocolate dosa recipe offers:
- Kid Friendly
- Ready in minutes (Assuming you have batter ready)
- Vegan (Depending on the chocolate you use, and Horlicks is not vegan)
- Minimal ingredients
In short, it ticks my most of the boxes..yes, I agree that adding chocolate makes it somewhat not healthy, but personally I believe there is thin line and kids should be allowed to eat chocolates too, of course in moderation.
Below is detailed step by step and simple recipe to follow to make this fruity chocolate dosa crepes or pancakes (as what someone may call them).
Fruity Chocolate Dosa | Crepes
- 200 Grams Dosa Batter You can make fresh at home too, I will share a post about it in future
- 2 Tablespoon Chocolate Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Jam Raspberry or Strawberry or any other Jam that you like
- Few Blueberries
- Few Raspberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Few Grapes
- Add the chocolate powder on to the dosa batter, and mix it well.
- Heat up your "flat" pan and splash a few drops of oil on the pan to grease the pan.
- Using ladle, pour the batter on pan and flaten it out as to form like a crepe (see Video)
- Apply Jam on the dosa / crepe as its cooked, and top up with fruits. Fold it when cooked (should take less than a min per piece).
- Serve it and enjoy 🙂
- You can use any jam or fruit as per availability and your own taste.
- Ensure pan is hot and well greased, else batter will stick to the pan and won't retain its shape.
- Use smooth spatula to take off the dosa / crepe / pancake from pan.
- Best served hot, else these crepes will get soggy.
- It is Vegan or not depending on the chocolate you use.