Date and Fig rolls : My lovely readers, you have seen all sorts of recipes on this blog. Whilst I try to cook healthy, there are few recipes where it yields food which has high calorific content or not suitable for Vegans. Hence, I thought I will share something which is more vegan friendly as well as ticks the boxes of those following Paleo diet too. This is Date and Fig roll, which is a no-cook recipe too.
I will prefer to call this a very healthy roll as most of the contents are dry fruits, namely, almonds, cashew nuts, dates and figs. This can be a sugar free recipe too if you don’t wish to add sugar, I did add a bit of organic date sugar.
I treat cooking as stress buster for myself, do you feel the same at times? The recipe of this Date and Fig rolls is so quick that there is any stress (in case thoughts of cooking gives you jitters). The recipe barely takes 10 mins.
I mean what else can one ask? Ready in 10 mins, No cooking, Healthy. You may ask is it tasty? Hell yeah!!! Don’t go with my words and try yourself (getting 10 mins out of a day is not a big deal…is it?)
These date and fig rolls
- Is easy and quick to make
- Does not need fire / cooking
- Can be made by kids
- Have long shelf life
- Is packed with energy
- Are almost guilt free to eat
- Is Vegan
- Suitable for Paleo diet
As you can see from pictures, these rolls can be of two types. One where you roll over desiccated coconut powder over rolls (it adds to flavour), or simple ones without any coconut. We have divided views, I like with coconut, however my partner and daughter prefers with out coconut.
Which one will you prefer, one with coconut or without coconut?
Another beauty of this recipe is that since it does not involve any cooking I get chance to involve my kid. Both my daughter and I had fun making various shapes from the mixture of these rolls. I guess thats a good way to keep kids engaged too.
- Chop Dates, Fig, Cashews, Almonds and separately, subsequently put them in a food processor and add sugar and churn until they all come together in a dough form.
- Take a small portion in your hands and make a smooth ball, little less than golf ball size, and subsequently roll it over desiccated coconut. Repeat this process to make more balls.
Store in an airtight container and this will last easily for 2-3 weeks outside refrigerator.
If you like to try out other non-fire / cooking recipes, you may like to try Instant Coconut Balls too.
The detailed “step by step recipe of these energy packed vegan and paleo diet approved date and fig balls” is below.
Fig and Date Energy Rolls
- 200 Grams Dates
- 150 Grams Figs
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 2 Tablespoon Date Sugar Optional
- 4-5 Tablespoon Desiccated coconut Optional
- Chop Dates, Fig, Cashews, Almonds and separately, subsequently put them in a food processor and add sugar and churn until they all come together in a dough form (Due to Dates this will happen).
- Take a small portion in your hands and make a smooth ball, little less than golf ball size, and subsequently roll it over desiccated coconut. Repeat step 2 for rest of the balls.
- Store in an airtight container and this will last easily for 2-3 weeks outside refrigerator.
- I have used organic date sugar, however its optional.
- Using desiccated coconut is optional too.
I hope you will enjoy these guilt free energy balls as much as I do.
PS: This recipe has been curated in collaboration with Buy Whole Foods. However all the thoughts are purely mine.