For all of you who have been regular reader of my blog, I have got something common, healthy and yet tasty recipe this time. It is my latest obsession, and this is “Guacamole”, made out of Avocado, which is full of benefits.
Off late, I make this Guacamole so frequently that its always in my fridge. Reasons why I am obsessed? Guacamole is suitable for vegetarians like me, it is tasty and acts as dips or spread on my bread or wrap, or eat it with my munchies like nachos.
Origin of Guacamole, probably dates back to the origin of Avocado, and probably started in Mexico and then spread to US and now all over the world. Checkout some facts about Guacamole here.
This a simple dip dish made by mashing avocado and adding salt / pepper. Such is the simple recipe that even a kid can make and does not even require any cooking. Yes, you heard it right no cooking!!!
It is believed that the ancient version of the dish was originally made with mashed avocados,, tomatoes, white onions, salt and pepper. Now a days many people include lime and cilantro too and I am sharing one simplest ones which I like most. Key is to use ripe avocados.
Simple to follow 10 minutes recipe of making Guacamole is detailed below.
- 4 Avocado Ripe
- 1 Tomato Deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 White Onion Small size – finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/3 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- In a medium bowl, take out the avocado pulp and mash it with the help of fork. Add chopped tomato, onion, lime juice and stir until well mixed but slightly chunky.
- Season the guacamole with salt and pepper powder and mix again. Enjoy with tortilla chips, or crispies or anything you fancy 🙂
- Please do make sure that you are using ripe Avocado.
- Once made, try to consume in 2-3 days (if kept refrigerated)