For a lamb lover, two things are difficult to ignore, one is Lamb Biryani, and second is Lamb Chops. With no exception, Kapil (my partner) loves both, and then he decided to try out Lamb Chops curry, a spicy curry infused with traditional Indian spices along with Lamb Chops. This recipe is semi dry and can be used along with Indian flat bread or with rice, and no surprise that it tastes equally awesome.
Lamb Chops Curry – Lamb Recipes | Your Food Fantasy
In UK, getting fresh mutton (Goat Meat) is not that an easy possibility, hence lamb is used, but feel free to use this same recipe for mutton chops. Based on what Kapil tells me there is also a thing one needs to keep in mind when getting right lamb piece, he always prefers spring lamb, which is normally tender, giving additional taste and cooks relatively quicker too.
Lamb Chops Curry | Lamb Recipes | Your Food Fantasy
The success of this lamb chops curry is good marination, right combination of spices and cooking on medium to low heat. This would then yield succulent and juicy chops, and a rich gravy.
Indian Lamb Chops Curry | Lamb Recipes | Your Food Fantasy
I have scribbled below the step by step recipe of this lamb curry, which can be a perfect main dish on your weekend cooking or when you have invited guests at home for that special occasion and just looking for an easy way to impress them with your culinary skills 🙂
Lamb Chops Curry
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 600 Grams Lamb Chops
- 2 Onions Medium Size (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 2-3 Black Cardamoms
- 2-3 Bayleaves
- 3 Tomatoes Medium size (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Green chillies Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Kitchen King Masala
- 1.5 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder Optional
- Salt As per taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seed Powder
- Clean the lamb chops and add all the items under the marination section, mix well and keep it aside for at least 4 hours.
- Take a wide mouthed pan and add oil, once oil is hot, add chopped onions and fry till light brown. Add cumin seeds, cardamoms and bay leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes, and let it cook for couple of minutes.
- Add lamb chops pieces, and red chilli power, kitchen king masala, turmeric poweder, and mix it well. After few mins add garam masala, fennel powder and salt. Let this cook for 20-25 times on low-medium flame till the lamb is done. Now add Kashmiri red chilli powder, mix well and cook for another few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and top the curry with green chillies. I like green chillies like this fresh on top, however you can ignore this if you not a chilli person.
- Your lamb chops curry is ready, serve with hot boiled rice and chapatti.
- Cooking duration will vary based on your lamb. I use spring lamb and takes less time to cook.
- I will strongly recommend marinating the lamb for 4 hours at the least.