Not all the days are when you have luxury of time to hand to do elaborate cooking and at that time all you wish is quick recipe, but you do not wish to eat that million calories Pizza from a take away, nor you wish to survive on sandwich. Here comes this handy “honey garlic prawns”, which offers goodness of prawns and is ready in less than 20 mins. Serve with plain steamed rice or with bread of your choice.
Honey Garlic Prawns | Your Food fantasy
This recipe is as simple as it can get. Here I have used pre-cooked prawns, which you can easily get in any supermarket, however, you can also use raw prawns, only thing is that the cooking time increases by a few minutes and sometimes cleaning these prawns can take some effort and time. Raw prawns are greyish in color and if using raw prawns, you must clean them thoroughly and remove any shell. When you saute raw prawns, keep turning till they turn pink whilst using low-medium heat.
Honey Garlic Prawns | YourFoodFantasy.com
The unique combination of honey and garlic along with a bit of soy sauce topped on to soft tender prawns is appetising to any prawn lover. I am myself a vegetarian, but I keep learning about all these non-veg delights from my partner who loves his non-vegetarian food to the core.
Honey Garlic Prawns | Easy Prawn Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
In this recipe, I have only used soy sauce, honey, garlic and black pepper. You may also like to add ginger if you like ginger flavour. In short, these honey garlic prawns does not require huge list of ingredients but can be easy cooked with minimal ingredients from the kitchen cupboard.
Honey Garlic Prawns | Prawn Recipes | YourFoodFantasy.com
Find below detailed step by step recipe of honey garlic prawns, and there are a few other prawn recipes I have shared which you may like to try if you happen to be prawn lover. Some of these are Prawn Skewers, Capsicum Prawns Curry, Ginger Garlic Prawns Curry, Prawn Fried Rice.
Honey Garlic Prawns
- 300 Grams Prawns I have used pre-cooked, but you can use raw
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1.5 Tablespoon Soy souce
- 2 Tablespoon Garlic Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves For Garnishing (Optional)
- In a pan, add butter and once butter melts away, add soy sauce, honey, garlic, pepper and salt. Keep mixing this in low flame for a two minutes so that garlic is well done (or will give smell of raw garlic).
- Pour out this liquid mixture from step 1 aside and in the same pan add prawns and gently cook them for a a minute (pre-cooked prawns), and top it up with the puree from step 1.
- Let prawns and puree get mixed well on a low flame for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Serve these prawns with garnish of coriander with plain boiled rice or bread of your choice. You can also sprinkle a hint of lemon on these prawns if you like that lemon zest.
- Do not cook prawns on high heat or for a longer duration, else prawns will get hard and chewy.