Not everyday you wish to eat curry, pizza or pasta, and I love experimenting with my food. I make numerous varieties of sandwiches and way to make all of these is largely same, only the stuffing varies. Sometimes I make cold sandwiches, but I am rather a person who likes eating hot food and hence I go for grilled sandwiches.
Sun dried Tomatoes and Mozzarella Grilled Sandwich | Your Food Fantasy
All the sandwiches normally have some sort of chutney / paste applied and then the filling of your favourite edibles. These are then grilled on a high heat for few minutes. That is it! No fuss, simple recipe. Simple cooking and filling.
Sun dried Tomatoes and Cheese Grilled Sandwich | Your Food Fantasy
The idea of cheese as filling has dual purpose, firstly the taste that my family loves (you can swap this with hummus if you not a cheese fan), secondly, adding cheese or similar thing keeps the stuffing nice soft. I like layering the bread slice with green pesto (something I readily have in my kitchen cupboard), but you can use alternatives like hummus, green chutney or splash of butter.
In this sandwich I have used sun dried tomato and mozzarella cheese primarily, you can surely change ingredients of your choice and availability. I will encourage to experiment, like adding Olives, Jalapeño, sweet corn, let your creative juices flow 🙂
Below is the detailed recipe for making this grilled sandwich, try this out with your own fusion and let your family drool over it. It is such a kid friendly meal.
Serve this hot with crisps / chips and can be your brunch or a proper meal. The hot melting cheese will melt away heart of anyone.
Sundried tomato and Mozzarella grilled sandwich
- 4 Slices Medium Thick White Bread
- 2 Tablespoon Green Pesto sauce
- 100 Grams Sundried Tomatoes
- 5-6 Tablespoon Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt According to Taste
- Black pepper powder According to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Apply pesto sauce on all the bread slices. Now, evenly spread sundried tomato slices on 2 breads. Sprinkle little salt and pepper powder. Evenly spread cheese on them and cover it with the rest 2 slices.
- Brush Little Butter on both the sides of sandwiches and grill them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut from middle and serve hot.
- You can go with seeded bread as healthier option if you are ok with that taste.
- Choice of fillings are unlimited and let your creativity take you to next level 🙂