If you are a seafood lover, chances are that you will like prawns too and if you like prawns that its given that you will relish this ginger garlic based prawn curry, which is really easy to cook. Recently my partner bought prawns to cook at home (he loves king / tiger prawns) and asked me to suggest a recipe. He had recently made Prawn Skewers and this time he said he want to make some gravy based thing. I had been having a few busy weeks and hence I suggested this easy to cook recipe of “ginger garlic prawn curry” for him to try.
I love experimenting with my recipes and hence I asked my partner if he would like to have a creamy gravy or normal gravy, and not to my surprise, it was creamy gravy, hence this recipe is made by creating a paste from onion, ginger and garlic.
Ginger Garlic Prawns Curry Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
I believe that this same recipe could also be tried with fish, though duration of cooking for fish will be little longer compared to prawn (depending on type of fish).
Again, times like these is when I simply take backseat (don’t cook) and simply pass instructions on how to cook. Only if I was eating non-vegetarian food, I would have not hesitated to cook too 🙂
Ginger Garlic Prawns Recipe | YourFoodFantasy.com
I have used mostly the common ingredients that you will find in home normally, but feel free to experiment with other spices too. I have added mint here, as it offers nice minty aroma and taste, but you may skip it.
This recipe comprises of first making paste of garlic, ginger and tomatoes, subsequently adding spices and then lastly prawns. Your prawn curry is ready in less than 30 mins.
Ginger Garlic Prawns Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
Let’s get to step by step detailed recipe of this ginger garlic prawn curry.
Shall you like prawns, you can also try capsicum prawn curry.
Ginger Garlic Prawn Curry
- 200 Grams Prawns Cleaned / Washed
- 2 Onion Medium Size
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 25 Grams Ginger
- 2 Tomatoes Medium Size
- 6-7 Leaves Fresh Mint
- 1.5 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Bayleaves
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1.5 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Prawn Curry Powder Optional
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- 3 Green chillies As Per Taste
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- First chop onions and garlic, subsequently take a pan and add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add chopped onion and garlic. Fry this till onion turns brown.
- Take a bowl/ jar and add mint leaves, large pieces of tomatoes, green chillies and ginger.
- To this jar add the sauted onion and garlic, and then blend to a smooth paste in mixer or using a blender.
- Use the same pan again and add 1 tablespoon of oil, when oil gets hot, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Fry till seeds crackle, add bayleaves.
- Now add garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, black cardamom, and prawn curry powder, and fry for half a minute.
- Now add the paste created on step 3, add salt and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Lastly, add prawns and let it cook for 7-8 mins on medium heat. Your curry is now ready. Plate it with garnishing with coriander.
- Take care when pouring hot onion from pan to jar for blending, contents would be hot.
- Exercise care on how long you cook prawns, if left on high flame or for long, they would get hard and loose the softness.