Rose flavoured Coconut Burfi (गुलाब नारियल बर्फी) or Rose Coconut Barfi is an aromatic and delicious variant of Coconut Indian fudge. Being enjoyed by everyone, the flavours of the Rose coconut burfi would satiate everybody’s taste buds for sure irrespective of being senior citizen or a kid. I have previously shared recipes of instant coconut ladoo and fresh coconut burfi, this recipe of rose coconut burfi is another variant of the same, just like graduating to next level and trying something even better than normal coconut burfi.
Rose Coconut Burfi Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
Some of you may find it even suitable to eat whilst fasting. I leave the choice entirely with you to decide if its suitable based on ingredients listed below.
Surprisingly it is relatively easier to make this coconut burfi, effort required if any is only in grating / scraping coconut. I will recommend using a good scrapper to save time and keeping your hands safe. I have used fresh coconut here, but feel free to use desiccated coconut, only thing is that the taste offered by fresh coconut will be any day better than desiccated coconut version.
Lets get to the detailed step by step recipe of rose flavoured coconut burfi.
Rose Flavoured Coconut Burfi Recipe
- 2 Cups Fresh Scrapped Coconut
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Rose Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Few Drops Pink Food Colour
- Edible Silver Leaf For Garnishing
- Chopped Almonds and Pistachios For Garnishing
- First of all, in a non stick pan, heat 2 tablespoon of Desi Ghee / clarified butter and add scraped coconut and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add milk and sauté again for a minute. Add condensed milk, sugar, rose syrup and pink food colour and sauté till all the liquid evaporates and the mixture starts to stick together.
- Grease an aluminium tray with 1 teaspoon of Desi ghee. Spread the coconut mixture evenly and allow to set. Once it’s lukewarm, Stick the silver vark and spread Chopped Almonds and pistachios.
- Let it cool completely and then cut into wedges, transfer onto a serving plate and serve.
- You can add few drops of Rose water to make them extra fragrant.
- You can use desiccated coconut too. In such case just increase the amount of milk in the recipe if you use the same.
- You can skip using Condensed milk and increase the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
In case you got sweet tooth, you may like to try out some of these top charters from my blog like