Indo-Chinese food holds its own unique place in the dictionary of food lovers. It is really interesting how Indian chefs has amalgamated taste from China and provided this fusion. When we talk of Indo-Chinese cuisine, Chilli Paneer and Chilli Chicken tops the charts for vegetarians and non-vegetarians respectively. Inspired by these there are other variants like Chilli Potatoes, Chilli Colliflower, Chilli Mushrooms etc. I will be focusing here in this recipe more on Chilli mushrooms.
Chilli Mushroom Recipe | Your Food Fantasy
The way chilli mushroom is cooked is fairly similar to that of chilli chicken. You can have this chilli mushroom with veg fried rice or even plain rice. In case you fancy egg, surely try this with egg fired rice and can be a good indo-chinese meal together.
Read below detailed step by step recipe of chilli mushrooms. You will find that this recipe also does not require much time as my lot other recipes.
Dry Chilli Mushroom
- 300 Grams Button Mushrooms If you can’t get button mushrooms, you can use normal mushrooms
- 1 Onion Medium Sized – Cut in Cube shape
- 1/3 Cup Bell Pepper Cut in Cube shape
- 2 Green chillies Slit and seeds removed
- 1/2 Bunch Spring Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Soy souce
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Souce
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1.5 Tablespoon Oil
- Wash and pat dry the mushrooms. Cut them into 4 and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic to it.
- Add cubed onion, bell peppers, green chillies and spring Onions to it and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté again for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the sauces and salt and pepper powder and mix them well. Cook for couple more minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with some more Chopped Spring onion and serve hot.
- Mushrooms quickly release water so don’t overcook them.