Secret of a chicken recipe is in its marination, this Angara Tangdi Chicken or Fiery Chicken Leg recipe of mine is simple however it yields scrumptious chicken, which a chicken lover will never be able to say No. It is absolutely necessary that the marination goes into the core of chicken so that after you have cooked and bite is taken, taste oozes from depth of chicken in each bite. As they say there is science in everything, same applies to cooking. It is the combination of spices which gels so well with raw chicken when kept for hours to yield the mouth watering taste.
Angara Chicken Recipe | Yummy Chicken Recipes
This succulent appetiser requires good long duration to marinate, and then cooking on tava / grill. In case you wish you can make the same in Oven too. Whilst cooking, care has to be taken to not overcook or undercook. This has to be done on medium heat, with turning so that chicken gets cooked to the core, remain succulent and retain spicy juice.
It is unclear who discovered concept of marination, but it goes back 17th Century, and I can only say that if you will love this recipe, credit must go to its marination.
Lets get to this step by step easy recipe of “Chicken Tangdi / Fiery Chicken”.
Angara Chicken Tangdi | Fiery Chicken Leg Recipe
- 3 Chicken Legs
- 1 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Tandoori Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 5 Tablespoon Oil
- Wash and drain the chicken legs thoroughly.
- n a mixing bowl, add all above ingredients except Chaat Masala. Add 2 tablespoon of oil to this. Mix it well. Our marinade is ready.
- Add the chicken legs into the marinade while covering them with it properly. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it marinate in refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Longer you keep, better the result. You must marinate this for at least 6 hours.
- Heat a grill pan or tava over medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon of oil all over it. Place the chicken leg gently and let it cook for 15 minutes over low to medium flame.
- Flip it over, and again spread some oil. Let it cook for 10 minutes from this side too.
- Take chicken out, sprinkle some chaat Masala and lemon juice on to it and serve them hot.
- Always marinade the chicken legs for minimum 6-8 hours.
- You can also cook them in oven for 22-25 minutes on 180 degree centigrade temperature.