Who says that vrat ka khana (Fasting food) is either boring or laden with Oil. “Kuttu ka dosa” or “Falahari Dosa” or “Vrat ka dosa” is a great option for those who want to avoid eating Kuttu in fried pooris (puffed indian bread) or pakoris.
Kuttu Ka Dosa | Buckwheat flour pancake
Kuttu ka Dosa | Buckwheat Pancake
For Dosa | Pancake | Crepe
- 1 Cup Buckwheat flour | Kuttu Aata
- 2 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rock Salt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Boiled Potatoes Medium Size – Mashed
- 1 Green chilli Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Grated
- 1/3 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 Teaspoon Rock Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- In a mixing bowl, add yogurt and buckwheat flour and whisk them together with 1/2 cup of water to make a smooth batter. Add salt, mix it again and Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now put a pan on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once it’s warm, add Cumin seeds.
- Add Grated Ginger and Chopped Chilli and sauté for half a minute. Add rock salt, black pepper powder and mashed potatoes. Mix well and switch off the flame. Our stuffing is ready.
- Take a Dosa pan/crepe pan or non stick pan and put in on low heat. Pour one ladle full of batter and spread it in round just like normal dosa/crepe.
- Cook it for a minute and then sprinkle little oil all over and let it cook for another minute.
- Now place two tablespoon of stuffing in the middle and scrape the dosa from sides to the centre with the help of spatula.
- Fold it twice and serve it hot.
- You can make dosa using same recipe with Rajgira flour too.
- You can use normal salt in place of rock salt as I use only rock salt during navratri.
- You can go try out this dosa without stuffing too, if you in super rush and have it plain yogurt.