My childhood memories take me to spices of India. When it comes to India and fruits of India, Custard Apple is invariably one fruit I can not keep my hands off. Deliciously sweet Custard Apple sometimes can be off putting owing to seeds it has, however Custard apples are rich in anti-oxidants like vitamin C. Custard Apple is also rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, niacin and potassium. ‘Custard apple’, ‘Sharifa‘ or ‘Sitaphal‘, ‘Sita Pazham’, ‘Seetha Palam’, ‘Seetha Pazham’, ‘Sitaphala‘ are a few names it is known.
Custard apples are native to West Indies, South America and some parts of Asia (India). Custard apple with its high calories and natural sugars are great as a dessert and as a nutritious snack. Hence I thought why not make Milkshake of this, a perfect drink on a hot day. Read through this detailed step by step recipe to make milkshake of Custard Apple.
- Custard Apple – 2
- Milk – 1.5 cup
- Cream – 1 tablespoon
- Ice cubes – 6-8
- Chopped nuts/ tutty fruity – for garnishing
- Sugar – As per your taste (You may skip this as Custard Apple is normally sweet enough)
First of all, scoop out the flesh of the custard apples along with seeds using a spoon. Now carefully remove all the seeds and transfer the rest of flesh to a blender jar.
Add milk and cream into it and blend for 1 minutes.
- Add few ice cubes and sugar to taste and grind for few more minutes.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with some nutty fruity or chopped dry fruits.
- Try using a pulpy custard apple, making sure its ripe.
- Try adding Vanilla flavour in it, you may like it.
- You can freeze the pulp and make this milkshake when its off season too.