Everyone now knows how unhealthy cola drinks are, then this makes me think of traditional summer coolers, full of goodness and healthy, and of course quenches the scorching heat. Two such drinks are “Aam ka Panna” and “Masala Shikanji”, made with minimal additives. Aam Panna is nothing, but Raw Mango Drink. I am certain that anyone who has had it once, will crave for more. Aam panna drink is slightly sweet and sour in taste with hint of mint and cumin. Keep reading for detailed “step by step recipe of Aam Panna”.
- Green raw mangoes – 5-6(medium size)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- Black salt – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – According to taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Mint leaves – 10-12
- Ice crushed
- Green food color : Few drops (optional)
- Pressure cook the mangoes along with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistle so that they are soft and cooked.
- Let this cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp out with the help of a spoon. Mix this pulp with the water remaining in pressure cooker.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the pulpy mixture, 1 cup of water and sugar and let it cook till the sugar dissolves completely, stirring occasionally.
- After Sugar is completely dissolved, boil this for 7-8 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Add Roasted cumin powder and let this mixture cool down a bit. Now, transfer this into a blender jar and add mint leaves, green food color, black salt, salt and blend to smooth purée. Our Aam Panna concentrate is ready.
- To serve this drink, take a tall glass and pour 2-3 tablespoon of the Aam Panna concentrate mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4th. Top up the glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.
- The Aam Panna concentrate can stay in refrigerator for up to 10 days.