When you crave for something crispy on surface and filled with some mouthwatering stuffing you will immediately relate to “Puff Patties” as these are crispy, flaky savoury snack usually relished with a cup of hot tea/coffee in the evening.
Here is my recipe for making this much loved puffed patty with the filling of paneer, aka Paneer Puff Patties, some call this as Paneer pastry as well.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Puff Pastry sheet (Homemade or Store Bought) – 1
- Scrambled paneer / cottage cheese – 1 cup
- Green peas (Fresh or frozen) – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilies – 2
- Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt – 2/3 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Place a pan over medium heat and add oil to it. Once it’s warm, add cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add chopped ginger and green chillies and Sauté for 1 minute.
Then add all the spices, salt and cook it for 2 minutes, stirring often.
Add scrambled paneer and green peas.
Mix well and cook it for few minutes until all the water dries off.
Add lemon juice, mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Now take the puff pastry sheet and roll it evenly. Divide it into 6 squares.
Take 1 square and place 2 tablespoons of the paneer filling on one side. Fold to form a triangle. Repeat with the remaining 5 squares.
Seal the edges of the puff patties with the help of water and arrange them on a baking tray. Brush the top with little oil.
- Place the tray in pre heated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes till they are nice golden brown in colour.
Serve them hot and enjoy with a cup of masala tea.
- You can try the same with other fillings like Potato, or chicken if you like non-veg food.
- If you using fresh peas, boil them for 10 minutes in hot boiling water. Take them out and keep aside in a colander for few minutes to get the water completely drained.