Potato Bread roll (आलू ब्रेड रोल) is a wonderful snack recipe which is made using two main everyday use ingredients bread slices and potatoes. Being crunchy from outside and soft from inside, this makes a best option when it comes to having a snack which can be prepared in a jiffy.
Prepration Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving: 6 pieces
- Bread slices – 6
- Boiled and mashed potato – 3 medium sized
- Onion – 1 medium sized(finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2(chopped)
- Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1.5 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or As per your taste
- Red chilli powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder/amchur – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil to fry
- First of all, take a frying pan and heat 1.5 teaspoon oil in it. Then add the cumin seed. When the cumin seeds starts to crack, add chopped onion and fry them until golden brown.
2. Now add chopped green chilli, ginger and saute. Now add all the spices and saute again for a minute. Now add mashed potatoes and mix them properly and then switch off the heat.
3. Once it is little cool make equal sized balls of it.
4. Take the bread slices and trim the edges of them.
5. Take 1 cup of water in a bowl, and dip one side of a slice of the bread lightly in the water. Place the slice between your palms and press, squeezing out the excess water. This makes the bread moist.
6. Now place the filling in the centre of this bread and mould the bread to completely cover it all around, giving them your desired shape either oval or round. Repeat the process to make all the rolls.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Drop the rolls slowly into it, and fry them until they are golden brown, turning occasionally.
8. Take them out on a paper towel and serve them hot with chutneys or ketchup of your choice.
You may also like to try out other easy vegetarian snacks like:
- Don’t dip bread into water for too long otherwise they would be mushy. It should be just dipping and taking out.
- Always fry them on medium heat otherwise they would be brown without cooking properly from inside.