Instant Green Chilli Pickle (हरी मिर्च का अचार) is hot, spicy, tangy and very quick and easy to make. It is a true delight for your taste buds if you love to accompany something spicier with your food. Generally speaking, pickle is one thing that most of the south-asians will crave for to compliment the food. You can eat it will indian bread (Chappati, Thepla, Puri, etc) or make a simple meal exciting when you have only Dal and Rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Green Chillies – 250 grams
- Yellow Mustard Seeds / Rai Dal – 2 tablespoon
- Fenugreek Seeds/Methi – 1 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds/Saunf – 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida/Hing – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil – 4 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder -1 teaspoon
- Lemon – 1 (Big sized)
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon or as per your taste
First of all, remove the crown of chillies and wash and pat them dry on a kitchen towel. Now give them slit, and then cut into 2 pieces.
Now squeeze all the juice from lemon and add that to the chillies. Add salt to the chillies, mix them well and keep aside.
Now heat the mustard oil in a pan. Heat it until you can see smoke coming out from oil. Switch off the flame and let it cool for sometime.
With the help of a pestle & mortar, coarsely crush fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. If you using already crushed seeds then skip this step.
Once oil is cooled, add heeng, turmeric powder and coriander powder and coarsely crushed seeds. Mix them well and then add green chillies.
Now mix them properly and store your pickle in a glass jar.
Enjoy it with food of your choice.
- Always keep the pickle in a air dry glass jar. For that, put that jar into warm oven for 5 minutes or in sunlight for few hours.
- You can keep this pickle easily for 3-4 weeks, if you keep it refrigerated.