Mocktails are a non alcoholic drinks which consists of a mixture of fruit juices, syrups or soft drinks which can be consumed by all those who relish flavoured drinks without alcohol.
Virgin Mojito is the non-alcoholic version of Mojito and is categorised as a mocktail. Mojito is primarily an alcohol based drink which has mint leaves, lemon juice (citrus flavours) and sugar. In Russia / Ukraine region you will find it being referred as Makhita.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: NA
Serving: – 1
- Lemonade/sprite/7UP – 200 ml
- Simple Sugar syrup – 1.5 table spoon (as per your taste)
- Lemon juice – 1.5 tablespoon
- Mint leaves – 8-10
- Mojito Syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Crushed ice – 1/2 cup
Take a tall glass in which you are planning to serve your mojito and add sugar syrup, lemon juice and mojito syrup to it.
Now add 6-7 crushed mint leaves to it and fill the glass half with crushed ice.
Now pour Sprite / Lemonade / 7UP into it and garnish with some lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Serve and Enjoy….
- I have used Monin’s cocktail syrup in my recipe just to give them extra flavour, if you don’t have this syrup available, you can skip it and the drink will taste same without it as well.
- You can make its alcoholic version by replacing lemonade and adding Rum / Vodaka.
- You can adjust the tangy/sweet flavour of your drink by adding or lessen the amount of sugar syrup or lemon juice depending upon your choice.
- You can make other versions of Mojito by adding the corresponding flavour and fruits, e.g. Strawberry Mojito, Kiwi Mojito