How many times it has been that you come from scorching heat and all you crave is something cold, or its an event at home and you have easily sorted out all the alcoholic drinks, but for those who don’t consume alcohol, you feel that there is not much to be offered. I have had this scenario a few times and every time I serve some or the other mocktail, which not only is great to drink, also makes your ‘non-alcohol’ consuming guests equally welcome.
Below is recipe for Blue Lagoon. This is a very colorful and refreshing mocktail that can make any party interesting. It has sweet sour to taste and the sprite in it adds to the flavour. Of course you can add vodka or rum to make blue lagoon cocktail.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: NA
Serving: – 1
Blue Lagoon Mocktail
Ingredients for Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Blue Curacao Syrup – 1/4 cup or 40 ml
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1/2 tablespoon
- Simple Sugar Syrup – 1.5 tablespoon or as per your taste
- Sprite/7UP – 200 ml
- Soda – 60 ml
- Lemon wedges for garnishing
Recipe for blue langoon drink:
Take a tall glass and add blue curaçao syrup, simple sugar syrup and lemon juice to it.
Now add 1-2 lemon wedges and fill half of the glass with ice.
Now add sprite / 7UP and top it with the soda.
Stir lightly with a spoon and garnish with lemon wedges.
Serve and Enjoy….
- Simple sugar syrup can be made by mixing equal part of water and sugar and then boiling them together until sugar dissolves.
- You can mix everything together in a shaker and then can serve in your serving glass. I made it in serving glass only as i wanted my Mocktail to have layers of colour.
- You can make Cocktail by adding Vodka or Rum.