Ever since my childhood, I always had craving for Italian food, and whilst in India, this was limited to Pizza, pasta and ravioli. I discovered “Bruschetta Con Funghi” as a great starter in Pizza Express. This is my favourite starter every time I enter an Italian restaurant. Sharing my recipe for the same, which you will find to be super easy and super duper quick as well.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serving : 4
- Bruschetta Bread – 4
- Button Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Red Onions – 2 medium sized
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Chopped flat leaf parsely – 3 tablespoon
- Béchamel Sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Single cream – 175 ml
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Powdered Black Pepper- 1/5 teaspoon or as per your taste
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon or As per your taste
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree.
Slice mushrooms, red onions and finely chop garlic cloves and parsley leaves.
Now take a pan and put it on medium flame. Now add 1 tablespoon oil to it. Once oil is warm add onions to it and saute.
After 2 minutes add chopped garlic and mushrooms and again saute for 5 minutes till mushrooms are tender and soft.
Now add béchamel sauce ,single cream, salt and pepper to it and stir it for 2 minute and switch off the flame.
Now put your bruschetta bread into oven for just 3-4 minutes to make it little warm and soft.
Take a plate and put bruschetta bread on it. Nicely spread your sauce over it. Sprinkle chopped parsley on it and drizzle some vinegar on it.
Your bruschetta con funghi is ready to eat.. Enjoy your favourite restaurant meal in the privacy of your own home…
- Don’t overcook onions. We just want them to be little soft only.
- You can make your own béchamel sauce at home. For that take 1 tablespoon of butter and melt it on medium flame . Once melted, add one tablespoon of all purpose flour to it and roast just for 1 minute. Now add half cup of milk and stir it till u get desired consistency. Remember to add milk little by little to avoid formation of lumps.
- You can use any bread instead of bruschetta bread like Pitta bread or ciabatta bread. Don’t heat the bread in the oven too much, we just want it to be soft not crunchy.