I had been thinking for last few days to try out something that should be healthy and easy to cook with minimal efforts. My hunt culminated when I was doing grocery shopping this weekend and saw Avocado and eggs. Both of these are super good for health.
Prepration: 12-15 mins
Cooking / Dishing: 5 mins
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Medium sized Avocado
- Nandoo’s sauce (Optional)
- Lime/ Lime Juice (Optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20-25 grams green peas
- Garlic Chutney (Optional)
Put the eggs for boiling.
Whilst eggs are being boiled, boil the peeled green peas as well for few minutes.
Peel off the Avocado and mash it with green peas, Nandoos Sauce and lime juice. Add some salt if you wish (I added a pinch of salt).
In this while eggs would have boiled as well, peel off the hard shell, and cut the eggs into half.
Remove york from the eggs and put a pinch of garlic chutney instead.
You can use any other sauce, or chutney if you like, e.g. Mint chutney, or tomato ketchup, or coriander chutney, whatever suits your taste buds. I have used garlic chutney, since I like the garlic flavour when the egg dissolves in mouth.
Mix the mashed Avocado mix with egg york (again its not necessary if you are worried by fat content of egg your and can eat only white for protein).
Now simply top up the eggs (pre filled with garlic chutney) with this mashed mix of Avocado). Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to taste.
Enjoy your healthy snack🙂
- You can use any sauce instead of Nandoo’s, according to your taste buds and availability.
- You can not use lime, though adding it gives nice flavour, since Avocado is very buttery.
- You can use any other thing instead of Avocado, e.g. mashed and fried potatoes, mashed kidney beans or chick peas, or really anything you may like.