I had been thinking for last few days to try out something that should be healthy and easy to cook with minimal efforts. My hunt culminated when I was doing grocery shopping this weekend and saw Avocado and eggs. Both of these, eggs and avocado, are super good for health. Here is simple, quick and super healthy recipe of devilled eggs.
Avocado is extremely rich in Vitamin K (26% of daily value), Folate, Vitamin C, Potassium, Vit-B5, Vit-B6, Vit-E (Fact: Avocado contains more potassium than banana). Avocado is fully loaded with fibre too.
Ever wondered how Avocados are grown, especially indoors? Check this out here
I do not need to emphasise how healthy eggs are! People say, an apple a day keeps doctor away, I say, An egg a day keeps doctor at bay.
Below is the detailed and step by step, easy to follow recipe of devilled eggs with avocado.
Devilled Eggs with Avocado
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Avocado Medium Size (Ripened)
- 20-25 Grams Green Peas
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt As per taste
- Black Pepper As per taste
- 10 Grams Garlic Chutney Optional
- 20 ML Nandos Sauce / Peri Peri Sauce Optional
- Put the eggs for boiling. Whilst the eggs gets boiled, boil green peas for few mins too (to make the peas mushy)
- Peel off the avocado and mash it with green peas along with lime juice. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- In this while, eggs would have boiled (you need hard boiled eggs), peel off the eggs and cut them into halves.
- Remove the egg yolk and put a pinch of garlic chutney in stead. You can use any other sauce, chutney or whatever suits your tastebuds. I have used garlic chutney as I like that unique combination of garlic chutney with egg.
- Mix the yolk with the avocado to a nice consistent taste, in case you don’t to have this fat, you may skip adding it.
- Lastly, simply fill the empty cups of eggs with this avocado paste. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste.
- I have used Nandos sauce but feel free to add any other thing (or skip it) as what your taste and pantry approves.
- Garlic chutney can be replaced with any chutney or skipped.
- You can use fresh lime if you have one instead of lime juice.
- I have use Avocado as main base to the recipe, as avocado is healthy, you may use other alternatives like chick pea, mash potatoes, etc