Rabdi Falooda (or Rabri falooda) is a very popular North Indian dessert which can take the taste to a heavenly level. Chandi chowk area in Delhi serves best falooda. I am sharing the recipe of this delicacy with you…the way I make it…
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serving: 4 people
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Falooda sev – 1 cup
- Rose syrup – 4 tablespoon
- Tukmaria seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Kulfi ice cream – 4 scoops
1) Soak tukmaria seeds in double the amount of water and falooda sev in 2.5 cup of lukewarm water for at least 30mins.
2) Heat a thick bottomed pan with milk & reduce it to 1/2 by keep stirring.
3) Add Tukmaria seeds, cardamon powder, 1 tablespoon rose syrup & sugar to milk & keep stirring it till milk becomes thick. Switch off heat & keep aside. Once cooled, refrigerate for few hours.
4) Take a bowl or glass in which you plan to serve Rabdi falooda. Now put 2 tablespoon of Rabdi in it to make base layer. Add 1/4th cup of falooda sev to it to make middle layer. Now add 1 scoop of kulfi ice cream to make top layer. Garnish this with 1/2 tablespoon of rose syrup.
Serve as soon as you have prepared it, else ice cream will melt away.
You can use vermicelli noodle in place of falooda sev.
You can also make falooda sev and kulfi ice cream at home. I will cover the recipes in my follow up posts.