Amaranth (commonly known as chaulai) flour Patty or Tikki is something, which you can make on those fasting days when you are in no mood for extended cooking. These can be made in jiffy and can easily satiate your taste buds.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serving: 3-4
- Amaranth flour – 1/2 cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 2 medium
- Grated cottage cheese – 2 tablespoon
- Rock salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilli – 2
- Chopped Coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – for deep-frying
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients except oil and knead it to smooth dough.
- Take 1.5 tablespoon mixture in your hands and roll them round and then press between your palm to shape it like patty/tikki. Make all tikki similarly with all the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan or Kadhai over medium flame and fry them with both the sides turning brown.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel and Serve them hot.
- If you don’t want to deep fry, you can shallow fry them with minimum oil on a non stick pan.
- You can serve them with Yogurt, coriander and tamarind chutney to have them like chaat.